Work-Life Issues for Accompanying Spouses & Partners
Announcing a New Group Coaching Program
Have you chosen to accompany your spouse or partner on an overseas assignment?
If you have concerns about your personal and professional development in your new location, you are not alone. In a recent survey, nearly nine out of ten accompanying spouses and partners said that relocation had an impact on their own careers.
You may be asking yourself “What can I do now?” and “Where do I start?” Creating new opportunities in a new location and a different culture can be a daunting prospect, especially in the absence of your regular support network.
The telephone-based coaching group is designed to help you to address these questions in the company of your peers – other accompanying spouses and partners from around the world.
- Are you looking for the chance to connect with like minded people who share your commitment to their personal and professional development?
- Do you want to join a group with others who “get it” because they know from personal experience why international relocation can be difficult, demanding, and tiring?
- Do you need help to develop innovative ways to work around the obstacles to your personal and professional development as an accompanying spouse or partner?
- Have you been focusing the needs of your family and are now ready to make the most of your new life by sharing and receiving emotional support, new connections, insights, and resource recommendations?
- Are you looking for a group with a shared sense of purpose that will support you to express who you are in the world, and enable you to walk through the door of your new life with courage and anticipation?
If so, this group may be for you.
Membership will be limited to 6-8 participants for maximum participation and attention to both individual and group needs.
As a member of this coaching group you can expect to:
- create new possibilities for who you are and what you do through brainstorming and feedback from like-minded peers
- increase your self-awareness by accessing buried dreams and hidden talents and by sharing them in a supportive environment
- get a reality check and refine your goals to create an action plan that helps you to overcome fear and move forward one step at a time
- create commitment and forward momentum through group support, feedback, and accountability
- benefit from the experiences of other group members and what they have already learned about dealing with frustration and overcoming obstacles
- expand your network, contribute ideas, and gain access to a wider range of resources